Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 7- :-(

Well, this is the last day of camp.

I have eaten breakfast and my bags are packed. The only thing left for me is to make it back to Chicago, which is something that does not excite me.

As I write this, I think I will swing by downtown Solvang for a bit to buy a few snacks for the looooooonnnngggggggg wait in the airport.

I cannot help but think of all that I have learned while doing this camp:

- how to dress for rides
- how to pace myself during hard efforts
- nutrition and hydration
- race strategies

My threshold for pain has definitely moved up a bit and I think my training will improve thanks to my newfound toughness.

Also, the idea of "getting away" from it all is something that everyone should consider. I have not had such a carefree week in a long time and because of it, I feel terrific coming in to the week.

Ok, I need to clean up and visit downtown Solvang one more time until I come back next year :-)

Thanks for reading. I hope to have the final batch of pictures up later this week - Justin

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's great that you are taking away so much from camp. Hopefully you have the tools to power through IM Coeur d'Alene that much better! I wish I could be there to see the culmination of all your efforts.