Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 2

First off, I apologize for the lack of pictures. This website is not a team player when it comes to uploading pictures, so I have created a Flickr account for your viewing pleasure.

Now for the fun stuff!!!

We started out with a short warm-up ride that was pretty nice. You have no idea how great it feels to be able to walk outside in the sunshine and ride all morning. I put on entirely too much clothing for the ride, which means I overheated for the first portion.

After the warmup, we did a short Time Trial to break in to groups. I was not happy with my performance and it will probably set me back in a weaker group. This was my biggest fear about camp and I hope it works out in the end.

An hour in to the ride and I was ready to go for the rest of the day. I was making long, hard pulls in the group up really steep climbs. If I can warm up properly, I think tomorrow will be nice.

After that, I went with the Triathletes to the pool and swam 2500 yards, which felt amazing. I attended a lecture on training with power and then worked on bike handling drills. There has been zero breaktime today (with the exception of this) and I am loving it.

Tomorrow we are going to climb Mt. Figueroa. This thing will be a beast and will account for several hours of my day.

Anyways, it is dinner time and I am staaaarrrrvvvvviiiinnnnngggggg.

Here is the link for the photo album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24187388@N04/

Ciao- Justin

1 comment:

velo5570 said...

Sounds like amazing day man. I am so jealous. I went riding on monday outside and it was 32 and snowing with ice still on the trail with horrific wind. I wore more clothing than i thought i needed and i could not warm up. Your pics are awesome man. So have they told you which group you are in? Thats cool that they have stuff and they teach you about training and such. Awesome first day man.